howto get/send the fullname of an user

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 10 00:52:54 CET 2006

Ariel VIVES <avives at enpc.fr> wrote:
> Does the NIS documentation say I can't do that with RADIUS ?
>
> No.

  Now you're being ridiculous.

  The NIS documentation doesn't say you can't use NIS to make wine,
either.  That doesn't mean it *does* make wine.

  If the NIS documentation doesn't tell you *how* to do this with
RADIUS, it likely means you *can't* do it with RADIUS.  Don't get mad
at me... that's how computers work.

> My question isn't about NIS but about freeradius.

  I understand.  I'm telling you your questions are based on false
assumptions.

> So I can't tell the freeradius server to get login but alos full username ?

  You can tell FreeRADIUS to do almost anything you want.  But if the
RADIUS client doesn't support the functionality you need, it doesn't
matter that FreeRADIUS is sending things like "full username".  The
NAS won't know what to do with it, and will ignore it.

  Don't get mad at me, this is how RADIUS works.