rlm_sql multiple instances handling of

Graeme Hinchliffe graeme.hinchliffe at zeninternet.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 11:36:06 CET 2006

Hi,
	I have a problem where I need a lot of threads to catch accounting
data, a lot of threads means a lot of DB handles.  Alas this means
more than 256 db handles which is the limit for rlm_sql.  My thoughts
therefore was to instantiate multiple rlm_sql modules to increase the
number of db handles availible.

However I am wondering on how to now use this.

This system is purely for accounting.  If I say put in the accounting
stanza:

sql1
sql2
sqln

Will the accounting packet be sent to all sql instanses in turn, or
just the 1st one that succeeds ? and then not any further ?  Will a
"no free db handles" error from sql1 lead to sql2 being attempted ?

Thanks in advance

-----
Graeme Hinchliffe (BSc)
Core Systems Designer