FreeRadius hanging for 5 secs at 2% of auth requests.

Mircea Harapu mircea.harapu at rcs-rds.ro
Tue Nov 14 10:41:59 CET 2006

I have compiled FreeRadius 1.1.3 to work with OpenLDAP 2.2.23 on Fedora
Core 4 .
At 2% of auth requests freeradius is hanging for 5 secs , discarding
duplicate requests and ignoring other requests.
In debug mode it hangs at this line :

rlm_ldap: - authenticate
rlm_ldap: login attempt by "user" with password "xxxxx"
rlm_ldap: user DN: cn=user,ou=People,dc=company,dc=ro
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to ldap.company.ro:389, authentication 1
rlm_ldap: setting TLS CACert Directory to /var/openldap/cert/
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=user,ou=People,dc=company,dc=ro/xxxxx to
ldap.company.ro:389   <----

after 5 secs it continues and replies without any problem.

rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: Bind was successful
rlm_ldap: user user authenticated succesfully

In this period any query to LDAP is working perfect.

On a second machine with the same configuration this things doesn't happen .
But when I have more than 20 requests per second freeradius is crashing.

--
Mircea Harapu
Abuse Engineer
mircea.harapu at rcs-rds.ro
this message to anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.