identify dial-up test session

Ryan Melendez rmelendez at wayport.net
Wed Nov 15 15:49:08 CET 2006

Hello,

I would like to identify a ppp session as a "test" session by somehow
marking the accounting records.  I've considered overloading the
username sent by pppd to include a .test and alter the 'Service-Type'
based on the suffix.  I'd like to be able to somehow pass an Attribute
from LCP->IPIP->RADIUS to identify a session as unique, but I'm not sure
if that is even possible.  Note, I do not need any special service that
might be associated with say a Service-Type = Administrative, just an
Attribute I can load to the db to later filter out.  Has anyone tried
anything similar in the past?  If anyone can point me in the right
direction I would really appreciate it.

--
Thanks,
Ryan