machine authentication

Michael Messner michael.messner_edv at inode.at
Wed Nov 15 17:07:43 CET 2006

ok, now the normal authentication process works again!

normally our config from the ldap request looks like the following:

radiusd.conf:

basedn = "CN=Users,DC=isalab,DC=local"
filter = "sAMAccountName=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name})"
groupname_attribute = cn
groupmembership_filter =
"(|(&(member=%{Ldap-UserDn}))(&(objectClass=GroupOfUniqueNames)(uniquemember=%{Ldap-UserDn})))"
groupmembership_attribute = memberOf

users:
DEFAULT LDAP-Group == "CN=adminrole,CN=users,DC=isalab,DC=local",
Huntgroup-Name == "enterasys", Realm == ISALAB.local
        Filter-ID == "Enterasys:version=1:mgmt=su:policy=adminrole",
        Reply-Message = "Welcome %{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name:-None}}
in the %{Realm} - Domain, there are no restrictions for you in
this network",
        Fall-Through = No

with this config we get the groupmembership from the users and we can
give the filter-ID back to the switches.

But with machine authentication it looks a bit different!
first the DC ist Computers, no more users, then the sAMAccountName is for
example IT88$ and freeradius gives the name host/it88.isalab.local to the
AD, but this name stands in the servicePrincipalName!
also there is no memberOf any more at the device!

any ideas this is can be done?

ca mIke