Prompting for credentials

sak sukhada_kulkarni at rediffmail.com
Wed Nov 15 13:21:39 CET 2006

I have installed FreeRADIUS 1.1.3 on RHEL4. I want to authenticate clients
who use the wireless network. Clients are connected to server via Linksys
Wireless Router. Linksys Wireless Router is configured to have security mode
as RADIUS. Protocol being used is Protected EAP (PEAP). So the RADIUS
Configuration files are updated accordingly. Now RADIUS is working fine but
the problem is "user is prompted for username and password for the first
time only". When user tries to connect next time it does not prompt for the
credentials but uses the same username and password. What I want is user
should be asked everytime he tries to connect to the network, not for the
first time only. is it possible that the information is being cached on the
client system? So can anyone help me?