configuration problem in Freeradius.

capricorn cool_capricorn80 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 12:02:26 CET 2006

hi !
i got howto of freeradius. I am configuring it on suse 10.1 n i have
performed all steps but getting error. I tried alot to troubleshoot it but
didnt get any success. So i am pasting me error here . Plz help me .

myserver:~ # radtest johndoe hello localhost 1812 password
Sending Access-Request of id 151 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812

User-Name = "johndoe"
User-Password = "hello"
NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255

NAS-Port = 1812
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id=151, length=20
myserver:~ #

myserver:~ # radiusd -X
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)

Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:1025, id=151, length=59
User-Name = "johndoe"

User-Password = "hello"
NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
NAS-Port = 1812

Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf

modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0

modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0

modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0

rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "johndoe", looking up realm NULL

rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0

rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0

users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 157
modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0

modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
rad_check_password: Found Auth-Type System

auth: type "System"

Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0

modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 0

modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns notfound) for request 0

auth: Failed to validate the user.
rad_lowerpair: User-Name now 'johndoe'

rad_lowerpair: User-Password now 'hello'
rad_rmspace_pair: User-Name now 'johndoe'

rad_rmspace_pair: User-Password now 'hello'

[...]

Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0
Going to the next request

--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...

--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---

Sending Access-Reject of id 151 to 127.0.0.1 port 1025
Waking up in 4 seconds...
---
Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 151 with timestamp 455743f6
Nothing to do.
Sleeping until we see a request.