Blank usernames

Marat Rysbekov rysbekov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 05:00:59 CET 2006

2006/11/20, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>:
>   And "radiusd -X" says...?

"radiusd -X" says the following (missed this one at first):

rml_sql (sql): Processing sql_postauth
radius_xlat:
   modcall[post-auth]: modulte "sql" returns fail for request 0

I do have "sql" enabled in the post-auth section of <radiusd.conf> (and
not in the authorization section). I use the default postauth_query in
the <sql.conf>. So I guess the problem is that radpostauth table of the
radius database does not accept NULL values. Blank usernames are accepted
when I disable "sql" in the post-auth section.

So, another question: should it be safe to change the provided radius database
schema and make the radpostauth tables accept NULL values for the user field?

By the way, I use MySQL 5.0.26.

Marat Rysbekov.