RLM Perl cache problem?

david.suarezdelis at telefonica.es david.suarezdelis at telefonica.es
Mon Nov 20 10:45:44 CET 2006

Greetings,

I have freeradius 1.3.0 running on GNU/Linux 3.1 using rlm_perl with
ithreads without problem (and it works nicely, well done!).

The authenticate() sub returns a "Framed-Ip-Address" and a
"Framed-Ip-Netmask" through the %RAD_REPLY hash, and, sometimes (when the
NAS is adecuate, and depending on user, group and so on), a "Class"
attribute as well.

I have observed that once I have returned a Class attribute, though, it
keeps getting sent by FreeRadius even when my authenticate() sub is not
assigning to it. The behavior is like if it was cached somewhere... If I
restart FreeRadius, though, the attribute is not sent, until I send one,
and then it starts being sent again, even if I modify the data so it's not
sent (my own traces and the rlm_perl traces: "adding AV pair..." confirm
that Class is not being assigned).

I have tried to delete() the %RAD_REPLY hash keys when the function gets
called, so I always start with a fresh one, but it's not working either.

Before doing further testing, though, undefining the keys values, and so
on, I'd like to ask if anyone is having this behavior, if it's the expected
one, and how can I correct it (because connections are rejected by the NAS
when Class is assigned when it shouldn't).

Thanks for you help,
david

PS- aditionally, is there an updated rlm_perl manual specifying what
section it loads is for, and how to use the shared memory to set up db
pools and cached results for making things easier before each forking?
thanks!

información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o
copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente.
Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

El correo electrónico vía Internet no permite asegurar la confidencialidad
de los mensajes que se transmiten ni su integridad o correcta recepción.
Telefónica no asume ninguna responsabilidad por estas circunstancias.

information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by a professional privilege
or whose disclosure is prohibited by law.If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any read, dissemination, copy or
disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If this
message has been received in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail
and delete it.

Internet e-mail neither guarantees the confidentiality nor the integrity or
proper receipt of the messages sent. Telefónica does not assume any
liability for those circumstances.