trivial problem?

Yans van Horn yans at majora.net
Wed Nov 22 23:14:10 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm fairly new to freeradius so to some my problem may seem trivial, but ...

I'm trying to get EAP-TLS to work, and when using "file" setup everything
works as it's suppose to - only selected users can authorize after meeteing
check criteria.

When i switch to SQL (postgresql) it seems that no matter what i insert to
radcheck and radreply tables *any user (if he has valid cert) can authorize
without any problems* :-(

Can anybody shed some light on this issue ?

My configuration:

### USERS ###

"ajax"          Auth-Type := EAP, Calling-Station-Id == "some-valid-mac"

# "ajax"          Auth-Type := EAP, Calling-Station-Id == "some-invalid-mac"

DEFAULT         Auth-Type := Reject
                Reply-Message = "ACCESS DENIED"

### SQL ###

radius=> select * from radcheck;
 id  | username |     attribute      | op |     value
-----+----------+--------------------+----+---------------
 410 | ajax     | Auth-Type          | := | EAP
 411 | ajax     | Calling-Station-ID | == | some-INVALID-mac
 412 | DEFAULT  | Auth-Type          | := | Reject
(3 rows)

radius=> select * from radreply;
 id | username |   attribute   | op |     value
----+----------+---------------+----+---------------
  3 | DEFAULT  | Reply-Message | =  | ACCESS DENIED
(1 row)

All other tables are _empty_

### postgresql.conf ###

Is a default postgresql.conf from freeradius (with database connection
settings set)

### radiusd.conf ###

authorize {
        preprocess