Script to auth. users and control the remote phone number used

Luis infotech at tryoutlinux.com
Thu Nov 23 16:49:00 CET 2006

Hi, the problem is that I want to control the access not only based in
the username and the password but also using the   remote telephone
number used by the user to do the call.

So, if the phone number is from Spain it doesn´t matter if the username
and the password are correct, radius should reject the access.

Is that possible using freeradius?
I don´t know exactly if Called-Station-Id can be used (and how) to do
that type of control.

Regards.

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:16:05 +1100, "James Wakefield"
<jamesw at deakin.edu.au> said:
> Luis wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to control the authentication
> > process using the remote telephone number used by the user?
> >
> > Thanks again :D
>
> Hi Luis,
>
> You can conditionally authorize users based on phone numbers, yes, if
> the NAS provides you that information, which it should if your telco
> carrier provides it.  Calling-Station-Id usually contains the number
> that the user is dialling from (the calling party), and
> Called-Station-Id usually contains the number that the user dialled (the
> called party).  You can use those attributes as part of check items in
> your users file, or whatever you happen to use.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> James Wakefield,
> Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division
> Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria 3217 Australia.
>
> Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
> Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
> E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
> Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See