Mac based auth

jonr at destar.net jonr at destar.net
Mon Nov 27 08:33:27 CET 2006

Quoting Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>:

> > How do I validate a user by mac address so that the users mac would be
> their
> > username?
> >
> > What is the format of the MAC in the 'users' file? I have seen it as
> > 01020304-0a020304 or something similiar, is that correct?
>
>   The format is whatever format the NAS sends in the User-Name attribute.

Thanks Alan, that helped more than you know.

This is what I am trying to do, I have a user in my users file, before they are
allowed to authenticate I want to also check that the MAC address sent in the
Calling-Station-Id matches what is in the users file. So I would check not only
for the username/passowrd but also that the MAC was the same for that user.

Is checkval what I am looking for or is there a certain syntax for the users
file that I am missing? I have read the /doc/processing_users_file, man 5 users
and been going through the config files in the /etc/raddb. directory, with no
success.

Thanks again,

Jon