Mac based auth

jonr at destar.net jonr at destar.net
Tue Nov 28 21:31:59 CET 2006

> > Could I also do:
> >
> > bob	password = "neil", Calling-Station-Id != "0001....", Auth-Type :=
> Reject
> >
> > So that both pieces of information have to be present to be authenticated?
>
> No, that would always reject the user. You could do this:
>
> bob	Calling-Station-Id != "0001....", Auth-Type := Reject
>
> bob	User-Password := "neil"

Well thats too easy. :)

> Can you instead use rlm_checkval like this:
>
> modules {
>    passwd user2allowedmacs {
>      filename = /etc/raddb/user2allowedmacs
>      format = "*User-Name:Calling-Station-Id"
>      hashsize = 100
>      allowmultiplekeys = yes
>    }
>    checkval usermacs {
>      item-name = Calling-Station-Id
>      check-name = Calling-Station-Id
>      data-type = string
>      notfound-reject = yes
>    }
> }

Which file would the above be placed in and does it need to be placed in a
certain area of the file or can it just be added to the bottom of the file? And
when I see 'rlm_' I think realm which makes me think ldap or kerberos, neither
of which I am using, will this be a problem?

> authorize {
>    preprocess
>    user2allowedmacs
>    usermacs
>    # other stuff
> }

So whatever I name my module I will have to add to the authorize stanza in the
radius.conf file, correct?

> /etc/raddb/user2allowedmacs:
>
> user1:001122334455
> user1:aabbccddeeff