prevent roaming configuration question

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Mon Oct 2 12:22:51 CEST 2006

James Wakefield wrote:
> isidoros wrote:
>
>> Thanks James for your answer,
>>
>> I'm fairly new to freeradius I know the package only 14 days. (or
>> radius in general for that matter)
>>
>> The group configuration is a mystery to me. It is unclear for me how
>> this separates the users. This is how I think
>> 1) G1 with users A,B,C
>> 2) G2 with users X,Y,Z
>> 3) At a request the configuration determines which group the user
>> belongs to
>> 4) And makes a query for the users A until Z to the same database
>> 5) the auth_query only talks about the user.
>> 6) This is the point where a fail to understand that the group config
>> helps me. The query is made to the same database on behalf of the any
>> user.
>>
>> Please spell it out to me where my thinking goes wrong. I would like
>> the understand this group config thing better (if at all at this point
>> in time).

Actually, http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sql explains it much better
than I just did.

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au