rlm_ippool problem: Failed to open file - Permission denied

Jan Mulders lastchancehotel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 01:29:55 CEST 2006

Hello,

It's been far too long a day, and I think I'm overlooking something
ridiculously simple.

I get this error when starting freeradius:

rlm_ippool: Failed to open file /etc/raddb/ippool.512k_high: Permission denied
radiusd.conf[142]: 512k_high: Module instantiation failed.

I've tried making a file called ippool.512k_high, same error. Tried
chmod 777'ing it, different error:

rlm_ippool: Failed to open file /etc/raddb/ippool.512k_high: Success
radiusd.conf[142]: 512k_high: Module instantiation failed.

Also tried chmod radiusd ippool.512k_high and chgrp.

If someone could give me a helpful tip as to how to get this thing
working again, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks all,

Jan Mulders