Switch dies

Jack Daniels da_very_newbie at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:01:21 CEST 2006

Hello everyone, just a dumb question.

My switch is configured for vmps and freeradius and I'm playing with dynamic
assignation of vlans.

Vmps, when instructs the switch to place a client in a determined vlan, if
that vlan doesn't exist in the switch, the switch just blocks access and
continues with its normal operation.
But, if I try the same with FreeRadius, when FreeRadius gives the vlan back
(this vlan doesn't exist in the switch either), the switch freezes and I
can't use it anymore until I restart it.

Why is this behaviour?

Thanks