users-file overruling anything else

florian.prester Florian.Prester at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Oct 6 15:51:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

 I am using freeradius+perl+ldap.
Meaning for every request I get the users information from a
LDAP-Server, run it through some perl-code to distinguish some users
form others for some reason (:-)).

Now my problem are users not listed in the ldap-system. I want to use
the  users-file to overrule the ldap-system. Meaning if a user is found
in the users-file and the password matches, ignore everything else.

I think I had it working already, but somehow it does not work anymore! :-(

My authorization-section looks as follows:
authorize {
     preprocess
     chap
     mschap
     eap
        #
        #  Read the 'users' file
        files
       #
       #  The ldap module will set Auth-Type to LDAP if it has not
       #  already been set
        ldap  # needed to get user information
        perl  # needed to twist the users a little bit :-)
}

my users-file is standard, containing:
"help"     Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "support"
                       Idle-Timeout := 30

Thanks for your help,
 Florian  Prester