I want to use freeradius to manage my socks5 proxy

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 6 20:36:07 CEST 2006

taft <taft123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> socks v5 can support EAP authentication, and I figure out that freeradius
> can do that too. So I am wondering if EAP is a connection between socksv5
> and freeradius.

  Once again, very slowly.

  If the socks program you're using doesn't say it can use RADIUS, you
can't integrate them.

  EAP is not RADIUS.  EAP is transported over RADIUS.  See the
documentation.  But for that to work, you need a RADIUS implementation
in the socks program.  Again, that means reading the documentation of
the socks program you're using.

  ... As I said before.