Huntgroups

Brad McAllister bmcallister at noc.dls.net
Wed Oct 11 21:34:47 CEST 2006

I got past my last config problem that I was having and now I running
into what is probably more of a design issue on my side. I am not
sure if I am trying to use huntgroups for more than they were
intended for and perhaps there is another method of achieving what I
am looking to do. To start our current radius server uses
"identifiers" which allow users to connect from specific NASs. In the
current system I can assign multiple identifiers to an account. For
example a wireless user can connect with both the wireless equipment
and a dialup as a backup.

When I started working with freeRadius I figured I would create
huntgroups for each service type, wireless, dialup, dsl, etc. Add the
appropriate NASs to the list. Then in my SQL DB I would add the user
to the groups they belong to. Unfortunately, when I add multiple
entries to the "usergroup" table with different group names, the
authentication is rejected with the following error:

modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 2
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.

To sum things up, I need to know how to let clients connect from
multiple NASs with the ability to block them from other NASs.

Thanks for the help.
--
Brad McAllister
bmcallister at noc.dls.net