Help returning multiple values for attrbute (rlm_ldap)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 12 21:16:40 CEST 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 11:39 AM, Kostas Kalevras wrote:

> Owen DeLong wrote:
>
>> OK... The suggestion I got here last night allowed me to get
>> basic  auth working
>> as desired, however, I have another problem.
>>
>> I need to return in the reply a series of values for a given
>> attribute, such as:
>>
>> dn: uid=foo,ou=people,dc=zone,dc=example,dc=com
>> uid: foo
>> Attribute: first_value
>> Attribute: second_value
>> Attribute: third_value
>>
>> I have LDAP Attribute mapped to Radius-Attribute in the ldap.attrmap.
>>
>> However, when I query the server, I get back:
>>
>> Radius-Attribute: first-value
>>
>> And the second and third values are not returned.
>>
>> Is there a way to make this work?
>

> Either you put the += operator in the ldap attribute values:
>
> Attribute: += first_value
> Attribute: += second_value

In this case that's not an option because RADIUS is not the only
consumer of
Attribute and the other consumer(s) would be very confused by +=

> or you edit ldap.attrmap to not use the = operator for that
> attribute but the += operator instead.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but, my ldap.attrmap doesn't contain
operators and when I put them
in, it seems to try and interpret them as attribute names instead of
as operators.

So, for example:

replyItem      Radius-Attribute                    Attribute

when changed to:

replyItem      Radius-Attribute                    += Attribute

seems to get parsed the same as

replyItem      Radius-Attribute                    +=
replyItem      Radius-Attribute                    Attribute

This is freeradius 1.1.3 in case that matters.

Thanks,

Owen