Help: How to authenticate additional attribute

Chew, Heng Hui (Andy) FORNATL, SN hchew at nps.edu
Fri Oct 13 20:41:38 CEST 2006

> The location coordinate is a value e.g. 10,10 100,100 input by a
system or the user and it serves as another set of authentication
parameters in addition to the password. So whenever the user is
authenticated, he has to input the password and location coordinates.
At the present, I would like to modify/configure the freeradius server
so that when the radius server authenticates the user, or whenever it is
re-associated again to the AP, it will prompt the user to enter the
password and location coordinates. Thereafter, the radius server will
check on the password and the location coordinate. If either is not
right, it will reject the connection. The server will maintain a set of
legitimate location coordinates in a file and it will be updated by
another program automatically.
In the future, the coordinate may be derived by a system.
Can you tell me how may I configure/modify the freeradius server to make
it work?
Thanks.

>I would like to authenticate the client with its location coordinate

You didn't provide much information about what a "location coordinate"
is and how you would determine whether you would allow/deny access.  Is
this where the user is located geographically?  Do you want them to
enter it or should it be derived?

With Regards,
Chew Heng Hui Andy