problem with proxy configuration

Prabhdeep Singh prabhdeep at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:44:16 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am having following problem with proxy.

In proxy.conf, I have following entries

realm myPartnerRealm {
       type            = radius
       authhost        = mypartner.server.com:1812
       accthost        = mypartner.server.com:1813
       secret          = mypartnersecret
       nostrip
}

realm myCustomRealm {
       type            = radius
       authhost        = localhost:1812
       accthost        = localhost:1813
       secret          = mysecret
       nostrip
}

realm DEFAULT {
        type            = radius
        authhost        = localhost:1812
        accthost        = localhost:1813
        secret          = mysecret
}

I am able to authenticate against myPartnerRealm and default relam,
but when I submit request for "myCustomRealm", the server seems to go
in a loop and marks the "myCustomRealm" as dead with the following
error.

marking authentication server localhost:1812 for realm myCustomRealm dead

I also get the following warning message
WARNING: Possible DoS attack from host 127.0.0.1: Too many attributes
in request (received 201, max 200 are allowed).

I read in one of the post that proxying to same server (localhost) is
not allowed....  , but i need this feature as I do not want to strip
certain Realms.

Thanks for your help.

Prabh

--