new attribute-value in replies of radius

igalatoczki at contactnet.hu igalatoczki at contactnet.hu
Tue Oct 17 15:03:12 CEST 2006

Hi All!

I should like to add new attribute-value pair to the authentication
replies of the freeradius server. The present content of authentication
reply package:

Framed-Protocol = PPP
Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
Framed-MTU = 2000
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
Port-Limit = 1
Reply-Message = "any"

The content of the radreply mysql table:

ID   USERNAME      ATTRIBUTE            OP      VALUE
1    testuser      Framed-Protocol      =        PPP
2    testuser      Framed-IP-Netmask    =        255.255.255.255
3    testuser      Framed-MTU           =        2000
4    testuser      Framed-Compression   =        Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
5    testuser      Port-Limit           =        1
6    testuser      Reply-Message        =        any

I try add new attribute to dictionary file and radreply table:

row of the directory file:

ATTRIBUTE          Test-Attr            1081     integer

row of the radreply table:

7    testuser      Test-Attr            =        1234

But is it not work. The authentication reply not changed.

Is it Possible I add new attribute to radius reply? If yes, how can I it?

Steve