Decreasing connection time (Session-Timeout)

micobros micobros at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 16:48:34 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a wisp solution working with mysql+freeradius and chillispot (ver
1.1) working pretty well together (bandwdth limit, user/password, connection
time, etc.).

But. there's one more thing I need.

Lets say a user has 1 hour of connection time (Session-Timeout := 3600) and
stays on the network for 20 minutes than disconnects. Chillispot is informed
of this and sends freeradius an "Accounting-Request" message with
"Acct-Status-Type=stop" attribute and "Acct-Session-Time=1200" attribute.

Now, how could I subtract the elapsed time from the original Session-Timeout
time? So that the user will, at the next login, only have 40minutes left.

Cheers,

mico

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."

(Oscar Wilde)