Problems with freeradius set up

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Oct 24 21:12:52 CEST 2006

> +------+----------+------------------+--------+----+
>
> | 1118 | mpearson | Password             | XXXX| == |
> | 1119 | mpearson | Simultaneous-Use | 1         | == |
>
> +------+----------+------------------+--------+----+
> 2 rows in set (0.29 sec)

You want to force the user to only have one login session. Then you have to
*set* Simultaneous-Use, by using the operator :=. The way it's in the db
right now would only match the user if the incoming packet already contained
an attribute Simultaneus-Use and if this attribute's value was 1 (because ==
is a check item, i.e. it compares things in the packet, it doesn't set
anything).

So, change the operator (BTW: for both entries, IIRC, Password or
User-Password should be _set_ with :=). That should work much better.

> Also I went down through the debug of radisud and put in the select
> statments from I didn't get any results from:

That's okay, it's no problem if they are entry. They could cause trouble if
they were non-empty and filled with rubbish, that's why I wanted you to check
them too.

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche - Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg