Error: ERROR: Tunnel-Password attribute in request: Cannot decrypt it.

B Thompson bt4 at york.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 10:50:59 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 07:58:17PM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> B Thompson <bt4 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Looking at the timestamps it would seem that this is the packet which
> > caused the error even though tcpdump shows no Tunnel-Password
> > attribute was present. So, something is definitely odd here. Is there
> > any way to verify this is the offending packet other than matching timestamps?
>
>   Run the server in debugging mode?  Run tcpdump for a long time, and
> search it's output for Tunnel-Password?
>
>   The server will get many packets in the same second.  Timestamps are
> useless...

OK. I have done all these things and I still get the same result: the
packet causing the error does not contain the Tunnel-Password
attribute. I have upgraded to 1.1.3 and the error message has gone
away so that seems to suggest that there is a problem or at least
something different going on with 1.0.1?

I cannot continue to use 1.1.3 as we are regularly using HUP to re-read
the configs and there appears to be a problem with this in versions > 1.0.1.

--

Ben Thompson