authenticating question

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Wed Oct 25 16:57:21 CEST 2006

> We are trying to authenticate users based on the username/password
given
> AND the vlan they are authenticating from. Is this possible?

Yes, if you can pass the information to freeradius.  We currently do
this by having our APs pass the SSID to which the user is connecting.
It sounds like you aren't authenticating from the AP though, so you
would need to do it differently.  If you are authenticating from the
portal and you have control over what it passes, then you can pass an
attribute with the SSID or VLAN info. and then validate it during the
authorize stage of freeradius processing.