Freeradius and FreeBSD 4.1.1

Paul Lambert paul.lambert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:35:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have just installed Freeradius onto a dedicated hosted server I have
recently started to use.

The hosting company have FreeBSD 4.1.1 installed and as such, things are a
little tricky to get running out of the box!

I have had to add an include to sys/types.h into
src/modules/rlm_attr_rewrite/rlm_attr_rewrite.c, and also choose to build it
without thread support.... ./configure --with-threads=no

All seems to have gone in OK, and its happily communicating with my SQL
database, and my NAS's....

Now, my question is in regard to what impact my "tweaks" will have....
Should I expect a dramatic performance loss due to the exclusion of
threading???

Also, have I missed anything that might come back and bite me in the
proverbial???

Many thanks in advance,
Paul.