Freeradius server can not see any request from clients.

richard Bai baixin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:38:21 CEST 2006

Hi, everyone,

I face a very strange problem right now when I configure a freeradius server
with PEAP + LDAP.

I can start the radius in debug mode properly. I get following lines:
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.

Then I did test by using " *radtest username password localhost 0
sharedsecret*"
And the radius server replied with Access-Accept message. So, I think the
serve works just fine.

But when I tested by using "*radtest username password IP of server 0
sharedsecret*" from a client conneted to the server through a hub, I can not
get anything back.
I even did not see any Access-Request information in debug mode on the
radius server. It looks like the radius doesn't receive anything.
However, I sniffered the interface via Ethereal and used " tcpdump -v port
1812 " in the server, I do see the Access-Request packet received by the
interface on the server,
I confirmed that the 1812 port is open.

Please give me some idea. Any advices or solution is welcome.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Richard