Freeradius server can not see any request from clients.

richard Bai baixin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 14:29:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

Actually, the *0* in the radtest command means *NAS-Port*. Since 1812 is the
default port for radius defined in /etc/service, the Access-Request
is always sent to port 1812.
I can see the same messege as follow when I type both 0 or 1812:
*            Sending Access-Request of id 40 to IP of server port 1812*
*                          User-Name = "username"*
*                          User-Password = "password"*
*                          NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255*
*                          NAS-Port = 0/1812 (According to the number typed
in radtest command)*

Now, I am not sure wether the RADIUS server receives the Access-Request from
the client or not. As I said, I can see the packet arrives at the interface
and port of the server, but no information printed out in RADIUS debug mode.

And the local test just works fine.

Thanks!

BR
Richard