Static IP Address allocation database - Active Directory?

duckeo duckeo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 03:11:28 CET 2006

On 10/30/06, duckeo <duckeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/27/06, Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan.De.Graeve at imelda.be> wrote:
> > > Has anyone experimented with using Active Directory as a database for
> > > Static IP Addressing?
> > Yes, just assign a static ip in the AD dial-in properties for that user and adapt the ldap.attrmap accordingly, this works perfectly. There is no need to make a user member of a 'radius_staticip' Group.

Okay having trouble getting this working, what attribute needs to be changed?

I'm currently just using the users file to check for membership of the
group and returning the correct attributes if successful. For the
Static IPs I'dl ike the user to have to be a member of the group, and
have the "Dial In" tab's Static IP set, and return that IP to them in
the attribute.