Problems getting eap-mschapv2 working.

King, Michael MKing at bridgew.edu
Fri Sep 1 15:34:35 CEST 2006

Did you generate the certificates that are mentioned there?  The one's
that ship with the server are expired, you have to generate your own
certificate.

What version of FreeRADIUS.  Version 1.1.1 fixed alot of little PEAP
things.
Version 1.1.3 of course is what you should be running.
Most versions after 1.0.0 have the eap section broken out to a separate
file, that has lots of comments in it about generating Certs.

Also, it looks like your actual problem is that you have re-written the
eap section... and missed a Paren

This is Mine.  In yours you have included mschapv2 inside of PEAP.  It
is its own section, outside of the PEAP section.

                 peap {
                        default_eap_type = mschapv2
                        copy_request_to_tunnel = no
                        use_tunneled_reply = yes
                #       proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = yes
                }
                mschapv2 {
                }