Interface binding problem

Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel.be Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel.be
Mon Sep 4 09:18:53 CEST 2006

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
>> I'd like to set it up with the commandline switch (-i <ip-addr>), but
>> this does not seem to work (tested on versions 0.2, 1.0.1 and 1.2): the
>> server only takes the address from the configuration file and completely
>> ignores the commandline switch. I do realise that the commandline switch
>> is deprecated, but is it possible to get this to work somehow?
>>

> You may try a nightly CVS snapshot. I think the -i and -p options
> are fixed in CVS.

It took a while to check out the 1.1.x  CVS branch (company proxy server
was in the way...), but I managed to test it with that version too;
although the options are fixed in 2.0, it doesn't work in 1.1.
I've tried to backport the changes from the 2.0 branch, but there are
too many changes for me to properly port it...
We'd prefer to use version 1.1.3 for our test setups, because most of
our customers probably won't be upgrading to 2.0 until it's been out for
quite some time..

Kind regards,
    Marcel