monitoring freeradius with snmp

Andy Ford Andy.Ford at telindus.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 23:21:50 CEST 2006

Hi Allan

Thanks for you suggestions.
After running configure --with-snmp I noticed (following your notes
below) that the '#define WITH_SNMP 1' was missing from autoconf.h.

So I added the line manually in autoconf.h as ...

/* Include SNMP subagent */
/* #undef WITH_SNMP */
#define WITH_SNMP 1

... and got a stream of error from 'make'.

Here is a small snippet of the errors.

------------------  make errors ------------------------
make[4]: Entering directory `/tmp/freeradius-1.1.2/src/main'
/tmp/freeradius-1.1.2/libtool --mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG  -I../include
-DHO STINFO=\"\" -DRADIUSD_VERSION=\"1.1.2\"  -c radius_snmp.c rm -f
.libs/radius_snmp.lo gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
-Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -I../include -DHOSTINFO=\"\"
-DRADIUSD_VERSION=\"1.1.2\" -c radi
us_snmp.c    -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/radius_snmp.lo
In file included from radius_snmp.c:39:
../include/smux.h:60: error: parse error before "oid"
../include/smux.h:64: error: parse error before "oid"
../include/smux.h:94: error: parse error before "oid"
../include/smux.h:94: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../include/smux.h:101: error: parse error before "oid"
../include/smux.h:101: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../include/smux.h:115: error: parse error before '}' token
../include/smux.h:136: error: parse error before '[' token

Obviously I've completely buggered something up.

A little advice would be great.

I downloaded the latest version i.e. freeradius-1.1.2 I also have
NET-SNMP version: 5.2.rc3 installed.

I can see from the list you are a very busy person, so thanks for your
time.
I've attached the complete output from make, along with autoconf.h.

Regards

Andy