1.1.3 on Solaris 10 (sparc)

Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel.be Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel.be
Wed Sep 6 08:06:27 CEST 2006

Lin Richardson wrote:
> You should post this to thet userlist (I am cc'ing them on this
> reply).  Perhaps someone there has seen the "false cru" error before...
>
> I'm no compiler guru, but google tells me that libtool may be to blame.
> I don't acutally show libtool installed on my box and don't know much
> about it.
I'm no compiler guru either, but the system appears to be missing 'ar'
(I thought I remembered 'ar' being called with options 'cru' before, and
the config.log confirms this:)

Error:

>     false cru .libs/libltdl.a  ltdl.o
>     gmake[3]: *** [libltdl.la <http://libltdl.la>] Error 1
>     gmake[3]: Leaving directory
>     `/export/home/dev/rafi_dir/free_radius_1.1.3/freeradius-1.1.3/libltdl'

config.log:

>     checking for ar... false

Apparently something is wrong with the configure script, and it uses
'false' as the command for 'ar', instead of exiting with an error
because it couldn't find 'ar'.

Gtnx
    Marcel