WPA/RADIUS Problems

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis at kh-berlin.de
Wed Sep 6 10:54:48 CEST 2006

Hi Alan,

Alan DeKok schrieb:

>They (and the main web page) point to EAP howto's on the main web
>site, which include screenshots for configuring Windows for wireless,

Thats true, but as a beginner it is not clear what is important to set
up. Most people simply want to connect their notebook over WLAN to their
network, other go more into detail with LDAP, SQL whatever. Knowledge
about EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, MSCHAPv2 is still not developed. As you and
others reply on questions of people on the list is very often like "tell
us in detail what you want to do..." is not what many people seek, I
think most expect to be told what is important and what they should do.
As always in IT-Business, the customer doesn't know what he needs, but
it must be nice and fancy when it is ready. :-))

FR is a great program, thanks a lot to all who work on this!

>  The server includes a "debian" directory, whixch is used to build
>debian packages.

I tried that with source-install of the deb, but compilation fails on
sarge and unstable, bug list is full on debian.org, so I'am not the only
one who had this problem. I think at least the eap module relies on some
lib which is not GPL and not included into Debian and they try to move
around it. But FR without EAP is at least for me useless.

I did not try the debian dir of the official tar of freeradius.org, I
will do that soon, because Suse 10.1 sucks.

cu
 Alex

P.S: I look for a good book, covering all about radius and especially
FR. As an overview and as a reference.