Optimize LDAP searches

Jorgen Rosink jrosink at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 22:10:01 CEST 2006

We have multiple remote sites each with it's own NAS, each NAS search
for users in multiple LDAP contexts. Each NAS (read: site) has one or
more "primary" contexts, which I like to search first before looking
in all others (roaming users). At this time search order is based on
the order of LDAP module entries in the authorize {}  section.

Is there a way to configure the search order of multiple LDAP contexts
based on NAS IP address ?

I understand there is no way to do a single recursive query on a LDAP
base like o=myorg, is there some reason, or should I submit a feature
request ??? ;-)))