NT-PASSWORD--Re: Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 17, Issue 47

ego seek egoseek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:43:18 CEST 2006

I'm working with mschapv2,
I use a PHP web site to register a user,  can i insert into the db a
NT-hased password?

Have I to configure the radius to accept che NT-PASSWORD value or it does by
itself?

thank you so much.
you're so helpful.
egoseek

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:26:52 +0100
From: Rob Shepherd <rob at techniumcast.com>
Subject: Re: Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 17, Issue 47
       <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

ego seek wrote:
> thank you for yor reply.

Which one?

Don't top-post above an entire digest message!!

> do you know if i can use NT-PASSWORD using windowsXP client?

The windowsXP client, if configured appropriately, will use mschapv2
inside PEAP.  It will be supplying an NT password hash as part of this.

> do I have only modify the table insert "NT-PASSWORD" instead "PASSWORD"?

Yes. However `Password` is usually a check item, for comparing clear
text passwords. The `NT-Password` needs to be a config item. radiusd
will figure out what to do with it.

Rob