EAP-MSChapv2 authentication

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 14 00:04:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Hi Alan,
> Thanks for your response. I don't understand what you mean by 'did you
> build from source?' Please explain. I did not generate any certs. I
> didn't think EAP-MSChapv2 needed certificates.

build from source - did you download the freeradius-1.1.3.tar.gz
and then extract it, run ./configure, make, make install etc

not built from source - did you simply apt-get install freeradius
or yum install freeradius etc.

PS if a gentoo user, if you 'emerge freeradius' I would class that as building
from source  ;-)

the next question is are you really doing raw EAP-MSCHAPv2 - this isnt too
common (on this list anyway....) the error log you posted clearly hinted
at EAP-TTLS ... so any MSCHAPv2 would be in the tunnel.  if you have
this form of EAP then the TLS section must be working...as the first
few lines of eap.conf clearly state. otherwise it 'just wont work'(tm)

alan