Pattern Matching in users file

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Sat Sep 16 05:03:38 CEST 2006

> You can't use the Group attribute that way.  It's for checking Unix
>groups.  You'll have to create another attribute for your local groups.

Do I need to predefine the attribute name somewhere before
I attempt to create it in the users file?

>> Also, the Group attribute was added to %RAD_CHECK as opposed to
>> %RAD_REQUEST (Group was not an attribute in the original request).
>  The "users" file is documented as behaving this way.

Are you referring to the doc/processing_users_file?  If so, perhaps I
misunderstood the bullet within it that reads:

- The check pairlist of the request is replaced by the tmpcheck pairlist
  (this is the same as: the check pairlist from the usersfile entry is
   appended to the pairlist of the request)

The phrase in parentheses is what made me think I could add attributes
to the request.  Is this statement incorrect or am I interpreting it
differently than the author intended?  The first part of the bullet
matches what you said and what I experienced.

>  If you want to add an attribute to the request, you have to use the
>"hints" file.

I don't think that will work for me because the hints file doc.
states it adds attributes solely based upon prefix or suffix of
the username.  I want to add an attribute based upon the value of
Cisco-AVPair.  Am I misinterpreting the doc. for hints also?

Thanks again for your help Alan.