sqlippool not working

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Sep 20 23:45:42 CEST 2006

On Wed 20 Sep 2006 23:32, Guilherme Franco wrote:
> Thanks, that's ok now.
>
> I removed the block as you said and now it shows the queries. I had
> added those block earlier because I've seen this configuration from
> another post as a working sqlippool configuration...

OK. Well, if you had just used the existing config files instead of adding
your own broken config it would have worked all along :-)

> Now, if netmask does not exist, nor range-start - range-stop, how can
> I specify that in radippool?

You do not! As "doc/rlm_sqlippool" states:

The initialization of the radippool table is left to the user instead of
being handled inside the module. This allows pool management to be done
from any sql capable programming language and pools can be created,
resized, deleted at run time without radiusd needing to be restarted.

The only required fields are, pool_name and ip_address. A pool consists
of one or more rows in the table with the same pool_name and a different
ip_address. The is no restriction on which ip addresses/ranges may be in
the same pool, and addresses do not need to be concurrent.

The fact that you are asking this means that you did NOT read the docs :-)

> Please remember that I'm using Oracle and it does not have "inet" like
> postgres, so I've created the tables like this:

You are going to have to work out the oracle specifics yourself but the
structure you have looks ok to me. The INET type is not necessary, although
it IS more efficient.

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon