MS Vista RC1 and Freeradius 802.1x

Matthew Balyuzi m.balyuzi at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 22 09:56:07 CEST 2006

> they havent used PEAPv1/PEAPv2 in Vista by any chance? :-|

We suspect that this is possible.

I've only got as far as ascertaining that Vista + PEAP doesn't work against
our Freeradius 1.0.5 servers,which work fine doing PEAP with all other
clients, and that Vista + EAP-TLS does work.

> whilst checking the behaviour of vista is reasonable, its
> still only a release candidate. many things could change
> before final release...and even afterwards - just look at the
> WinXP supplicant for example :-)

Too true.

>From what I have seen of the Vista supplicant it seems to be somewhat flakey
anyway, so I suspect it's some way from stable yet.

--
Matt Balyuzi
ICT Networks Group