Auth-Type issue

Apu islam apu_islam at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 10:31:44 CEST 2006

Hello good FreeRadius People,
I have the radius server running fine, however I am
having issues with user being authenticated. To note,
I am using dialup-admin to create the user. Here is
the error output:
---------------------------
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host
x.x.x.x:63762, id=252, length=156
        NAS-Identifier = "border01"
        NAS-Port = 0
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        User-Name = "apu"
        MS-CHAP-Challenge = 0xbb1e683234213423423423
        MS-CHAP2-Response =
0x82174309827423842879a5c39e672
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok
for request 1
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for
request 1
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration
found for the request: Rejecting the user

can you tell me how to get around that ? I have dug in
but did not see any way I could set the flag when I
create the user in dialup-admin. Any help is
appreciated.

Apu