syslog.conf

sean at swarmhotspots.com sean at swarmhotspots.com
Wed Sep 27 20:58:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been running a trouble free Radius server for over a year. Last
weekend a local power company substation went on fire. This resulted in a
massive power surge and a major system crash. Since then Radius has been
validating users from MySQL no problem. However it is not updating its log
files or radacct in the database. After a lot of searching I discovered
that the Linux (Mandriva 2006) syslog.conf was corrupted. I've created a
new syslog and reinstalled Radius version 1.0.5. The problem has
persisted. I reckon I must be missing something in the log config. Any
advice or help would be very much appreciated. Two nights now with no
sleep.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Sean

believed to be clean.