repeat until success?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 28 18:43:00 CEST 2006

"Proft, Michael" <Proft at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> is it possible to configure freeradius to do something like "repeat
> until success". Im trying to authenticate local users at the same system
> freeradius is running on and I proxy requests to another radius server.
> I want to do this _without_ using realms. So if asking for local user
> and no success I want to continue proxying requests to another radius
> server. Is this possible in some way?

  That sounds more like "look up in /etc/passwd, and if not found,
proxy to X".  That should be easy.

  Configure the "passwd" module to read /etc/passwd.  Read
"doc/configurable_failover" to see how to run the "files" module only
if the "passwd" module returns "notfound".  Then in the "users" file, do:

DEFAULT		Proxy-To-Realm := "realm"