dumb humble question about sqlippool

Guilherme Franco guilhermefranco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 00:02:11 CEST 2006

Thank you very much for your kindness.

I'm sorry, again, for posting too much questions about this.

It's correct that I'm trying to put this in production as this is the
only module that does not worked for me.

I'm happy with dialup_admin, AAA and everything else in Oracle!

The only missing thing is sqlippool :(

I know that it is an experimental module and I also have limited time
to work on this module as it's not for me, it's for another company.

In the mean time, I'm using regular ippool db in a NFS with just 1
radius active per time (to prevent lockups). That was the only way
I've managed to do ippools with 2 servers (is there any
alternatives?).

As you see I can't abandon oracle, nor install postgre as it would
break up some dependencies with other oracle databases that we have.

I'm being such a pain for you guys because the sqlippool module is
almost working! If I saw that it wouldn't work at all, I would never
took the time to work in it as I'm taking now :)

I appreciate your concerns and as I'm out of time to deliver the
solution to the client, I think I can't try sqlippool anymore.

That's a shame because I'm almost there!

Now that I've managed to change somethings it's doing all the selects
without any errors (that return ie: ip 1.1.1.1 in sqlplus) but it's
stating sqlippool_query1: row[0] returned NULL in radiusd -X ( how can
it be null if the select was successful? ). It's the only $!*!@! thing
that is preventing the user to get an IP!! That kind of things just
take time to debug...

Besides that, if I don't set pool_name = "name_of_the_pool" in
sqlippool.conf, allocate-find tries to select from "ippool" (wich does
not exists) instead of the one I've set in radippool table.

Other issue is related to multiple pools, one with dynamic IP's and
other with fixed ones (actually it's not possible to do that with only
just one sqlippool.conf file without modifying rlm_sqlippool.c).

Another thing lies in proxy -> if the proxy returns IP 255.255.255.254
for me, sqlippool does not overrides it and do nothing (it doesn't
have the override = yes option like ippool).

So, to close this out, I would REALLY LIKE to make this work and help
you guys  as well, but because of lack of time, the only way would do
this as an enhancement to the already deployed solution for the
client, thanks.

Thank you again!