Login-Time and Session-Time Conflict

Adam Tybor adam.tybor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 09:27:56 CEST 2006

We are using both Login-Time and Session-Time attributes with a rlm_sql
configuration and the Login-Time attribute is always overriding the
Session-Time.  Meaning that if the Session-Time attribute value is less than
the timeSpan difference of the Login-Time, the Login-Time timespan
difference is still returned as the Session-Time value.

I remember reading somewhere that in cases of both attributes being used,
the most restrictive should be returned, however this is not happening.  Can
someone confirm what the real implementation is? We are running freeradius
1.1.1 on a Gentoo linux platform.

BTW -- If this is the desired functionality does anyone know a way to get
our desired functionality of the smallest Session-Time being used instead of
Login-Time?

Thank you,

Adam