dumb humble question about sqlippool

Guilherme Franco guilhermefranco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:23:06 CEST 2006

Thanks for all the answers Mr. Peter!

To clarify some things:

>> NONE of the ippool modules let you set the pool name. You HAVE to set
>> Pool-Name = whatever as a check item!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The radcheck table already have Pool-Name := "whatever" as a
attribute, op, value for all users, but that's ok because I can set it
manually in sqlippool.conf and the select DOES run in the correct
table then (xlat outputs correctly then and I did a network sniff that
shows the query is ok).

> Other issue is related to multiple pools, one with dynamic IP's and
> other with fixed ones (actually it's not possible to do that with only
> just one sqlippool.conf file without modifying rlm_sqlippool.c).

>> IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> Run two copies of the module!

Sorry, i meant that I think that it is not possible without loading 2
or more modules (just with one module and one sqlippool.conf) dumb
question, sorry.

> Another thing lies in proxy -> if the proxy returns IP 255.255.255.254
> for me, sqlippool does not overrides it and do nothing (it doesn't
> have the override = yes option like ippool).

>>This can be added. Although why would you return an IP like that when you dont
>>need to? Just return the Pool-Name and let the module do its job.

I didn't think about it, thanks.

Besides that I had to remove the BEGIN statement of allocate-begin
(and all other begins)  because oracle does not need it, and if you
need to specify begin, then it needs to be in a different way (through
the sniff, I saw that the begin was stated, then 4 "space" chars and
then a "/" which is the same as doing "BEGIN;    /" in sqlplus,
generating "ORA end-of-file errors") Don't know from where that "/"
came from thought. To solve this, I had to change "BEGIN" in
allocate-begin for "commit" (a normal oracle operation before any
query).

About the postgresql installation, I was thinking in installing it. I
will do that just to see it's behaviour, thanks.

THANKS A LOT AGAIN!