passing Calling-Station-ID

Adil Azmi Bikarbass adil at mtds.com
Sun Apr 1 17:35:45 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok a écrit :
> Adil Azmi Bikarbass wrote:
>
>> The issue is that we want the second NAS to get the calling-station-ID
>> from the "someuser" session on Radius
>>

>   To do... what?

This is will be used for a mobile 3G application : the first NAS will
authenticate the user and assign the IP and the second nas should get
the assigned IP and the calling-Station-ID (cell phone number) for
billing purposes
>> is there a way we can have this to work and pass this attribute from one
>> session to another?
>>

>   Sure.  Store the Calling-Station-Id in a database when you receive it
> from the first NAS, then pull it out of the DB, and send it to the
> second NAS.

The solution should be fast enough to handle thounsads of request
simultaniously, you thing going through a DB is fast enough? can we pass
this info into the RAM between the two NAS sessions?

AB

--
|-Adil Bikarbass
|-IT Manager, MTDS