modules' instantiation failing (files)

Pedro Figueiredo pedro.figueiredo at uk.easynet.net
Mon Apr 2 17:31:55 CEST 2007

On 2 Apr 2007, at 14:51, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2007, at 13:38, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
>>> i need to send different lns configuration in a round-robin fashion.
>>> in order to do this, i added the following to modules:
>>>
>>>          files rra {
>>>                  userfile = ${confdir}/users.rr1
>>
>>   It's "usersfile", with an "s".  "users" + "file".
>>
>>   Alan DeKok.
>

> oh. now i'm as red as a big red nose (although, in my defense, 1
> other people looked into this as well and also couldn't spot it).

ok, there's something really weird going on now. this is my config:

         files {
                 usersfile = ${confdir}/users
                 acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                 preproxy_usersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users

                 #  If you want to use the old Cistron 'users' file
                 #  with FreeRADIUS, you should change the next line
                 #  to 'compat = cistron'.  You can the copy your
'users'
                 #  file from Cistron.
                 compat = no
         }

         files wcpefiles {
                 usersfile = ${confdir}/wcpeusers
                 acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                 compat = no
         }

         files rra {
                 usersfile = ${confdir}/users.rr1
                 acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                 preproxy_usersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users
                 compat = no
         }

         files rrb {
                 usersfile = ${confdir}/users.rr2
                 acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                 preproxy_usersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users
                 compat = no
         }

and here's what's happening:

Module: Loaded files
files: usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/users"
files: acctusersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/acct_users"
files: preproxy_usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/preproxy_users"
files: compat = "no"
Module: Instantiated files (files)
files: usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/users.rr1"
files: acctusersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/acct_users"
files: preproxy_usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/preproxy_users"
files: compat = "no"
Module: Instantiated files (rra)
files: usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/users.rr2"
files: acctusersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/acct_users"
files: preproxy_usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/preproxy_users"
files: compat = "no"
Module: Instantiated files (rrb)
files: usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/wcpeusers"
files: acctusersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/acct_users"
files: preproxy_usersfile = "/etc/freeradius-dev/preproxy_users"
files: compat = "no"
Module: Instantiated files (wcpefiles)

as you can see, it's off by one. any suggestions or ideas on why it's
doing this?

cheers,

pedro
This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail and you are not a named addressee, please inform the sender of this email by sending a return email to the address above and then delete the e-mail and your response from your system. If you are not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author. Any statements made, or intentions expressed in this communication may not necessarily reflect the view of Easynet. No content herein will bind Easynet or any associated company unless confirmed by the execution of a formal contract by Easynet. Any figures or amounts given in this email are quotations only and are subject to change. Although Easynet routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Easynet makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).

Easynet Limited a company incorporated and existing under the laws of England and Wales, with company number 2954343 and having its registered office at 44-46 Whitfield Street London, W1T 2RJ.